I am an innovative and driven software engineer who is passionate about practical tech solutions and horticulture. Although I have ten years of experience, I am eager to learn from my peers. Having dabbled in freelance, I have decided my skills are better suited on a team with other motivated individuals.
Software Engineer, Spring Inc.
October 2016 - Present
Spring is a e-commerce platform offering over 2,000 brands, millions of SKUs across several marketplaces. Spring was recently acquired by ShopRunner. I have worked on several backend teams and designed system architecture for the various projects.
- Designed and implemented Spring's eBay catalog and ordering system on a small team of backend engineers within two months.
- Working on migrating Spring's deployment process to Kubernetes
- Build out and maintain custom solutions for integrating with international e-commerce marketplaces such as NetEase.
- Developed the caching mechanism used for serving product data for Spring's marketplace
- Migrated Spring's marketplace backend from Go to Python
- Created service for pushing real-time inventory updates to distributed marketplaces
- Enhanced and designed features for Spring's internal test infrastructure
Freelance Full-Stack Web Developer, Self-Employed
September 2014 - October 2016
I provided full stack web development for clients, including Wolf & Badger, Bomberg, and Combat2College.
- Developed features and fixed bugs on an e-commerce website for a clothing and boutique retailer based in the UK.
- Incorporated a product rating system into the Django Mezzanine admin webapp with ratings imported automatically from Feefo.
- Improved the return process by sending automated emails to vendors when their products are returned.
- Developed a CMS in Django Oscar to control content and products.
- Altered website presentation based on user's local time using Python geoip library.
- Achieved a two month turnaround for full website implementation using Git and Bitbucket for source control.
Application Developer, MediaRadar, Inc.
January 2013 - January 2015
I was part of a small team of developers working on customer facing web apps and services. I worked on a broad spectrum of projects from developing new features, to refactoring architecture, to creating large background tasks. Our stack was ASP.NET MVC 3 (Razor) with SQL Server and MongoDB. MediaRadar is data intensive, as a result I wrote an extensive amount of complex large-scale data processing code.
- Developed email templating functionality into an internal web app to send emails to new customers.
- Re-factored the homepage and a report feature on customer facing site which reduced load-time drastically.
- Developed a system for testing and sending customer email alerts.
- Worked on projects utilizing mongoDB to store alert email messages.
- Re-implemented front-end styling in LESS.
Assocation for Vertical Farming
July 2016 - Present
Developing a standardized grow recipe data format for controlled environment farming.
- Give presentations on concepts for standardizing grow recipes
- Work with an international team of steak-holders on to gather requirements
Board Member at MakerBar
February 2014 - Present
Active member of a non-profit hackerspace in Hoboken, NJ. We have a wood shop, CNC router, 3D printer which I utilize for my projects.
- Taught several classes on the basics of front-end web development (HTML, JS, CSS.)
- Created a solar powered phone charger and installed it in my local community garden.
- Host and participate in meetups at the space.